Ready Set Go!
TARGETED POPULATION: Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind high school students
TARGET NUMBER TO SERVE: Maximum of 16
TARGETED TIMEFRAME: Six-five hour sessions (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) over the span of two weeks. Daily sessions will begin at 9:00 am and end at 2:30 pm.
MAJOR EMPHASIS: Provide students the tools and experiences needed to obtain successful and satisfying employment. This program will focus on preparing the student with hands-on learning, discussion, informational handouts, and information to achieve the realistic careers they desire. Topics covered would include:
1. Workplace Readiness (Attitude, Appearance, Action)
2. Job Exploration
3. Guest speakers who are deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind present information about their jobs and education
4. Accommodations for the Workplace (Disability Rights of Tennessee)
5. Technology and Services
6. Shadowing assignments
8. How to find a job (Newspaper, Internet, People you know, Cold Calls)
9. How to create a professional resume