This is an in-person event.
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC)
505 Deaderick Street
Nashville, TN 37243
Interpreted in American Sign Language and Open Captioned
This is OKLAHOMA! as you’ve never seen or heard it before—reimagined for the 21st century and the Tony Award Winner for Best Revival of a Musical.
Direct from an acclaimed run on Broadway comes an OKLAHOMA! that looks and sounds like America today. The Daily Beast raves “Forget your traditional idea of Oklahoma!. Daniel Fish’s daring, utterly absorbing re-interpretation is different—brilliantly so.”
OKLAHOMA! tells a story of a community banding together against an outsider, and the frontier life that shaped America. Upending the sunny romance of a farmer and a cowpoke, this production “lets us experience Rodgers and Hammerstein’s greatness anew.” (The New Yorker). Without changing a word of text, this visionary production allows the classic musical – and our country – to be seen in a whole new light.
Funny and sexy, provocative and probing, “A smashing Oklahoma! is reborn. Daniel Fish’s wide-awake, altogether wonderful production is thrilling!” (The New York Times).
“This is the Oklahoma! that was there all along.” (New York Magazine).
Contains fog, loud gunshot effects, moments of total darkness, and violence. Recommended for ages 12+
TICKETS can be purchased online with promo code: TPACTICKET, or you may call Rick Forshee in the Box Office - He can be reached directly at 615-782-4065, or you may call the general Box Office line at 615-782-4040. Please let him know which accessible service you require.
TPAC currently has a health screening entry policy for everyone’s safety. As we are constantly updating this information, complete up to date details on our health protocols can always be found on our website at www.TPAC.org/PatronHealth.
Other TPAC plays with that are interpreted and Open Captioned include:
- The Lion King - Sunday, January 9, 2022
- Mean Girls – Sunday, February 13, 2022.
- The Prom – Sunday, February 27, 2022.
- Dear Evan Hansen – Sunday, March 6, 2022.
- Summer: The Donna Summer Musical – Sunday March 27, 2022.
- What The Constitution Means To Me – Sunday, April 3, 2022 (This performance will be in the Polk Theater at TPAC).
- Come From Away – Sunday, April 24, 2022.
- Oklahoma! – Sunday, May 8, 2022.
- May We All – Sunday, June 12, 2022 (This performance will be in the Polk Theater at TPAC. It is a world premier musical featuring country music).
Nashville Repertory Theater:
- Ragtime – Saturday, November 13, 2021 (This performance will be in the Polk Theater at TPAC).
- A Christmas Story – Saturday, December 11, 2021 (This performance will be in the Johnson Theater at TPAC. Open Caption will not be available).
- School Girls; or the African Mean Girls Play – Saturday, February 19, 2022 (This performance will be in the Johnson Theater at TPAC. Open caption will not be available).
- Mary Poppins – Saturday, May 7, 2022 (This performance will be in the Polk Theater at TPAC).