WHOLE COMMUNITY DISASTER COMMUNICATIONS: BRIDGING THE GAP WORKSHOP
921 E. 3rd Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2102
WHOLE COMMUNITY DISASTER COMMUNICATIONS:
BRIDGING THE GAP WORKSHOP
for People who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind, or Hard of Hearing,
and Emergency Responders.
- learn how to better communicate before, during and after an emergency situation.
- understand the different challenges of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities and the Emergency Responders during emergency situations.
- walk away from the workshop knowing that you helped bridge communication barriers, along with knowing what to expect during times of emergency!
You will experience:
- interactive activities,
- group discussions,
- emergency scenarios,
- and the opportunity to network with local emergency responders and the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community!
- Lunch will be served
- ASL Interpreters and Captioning will be provided all of this is FREE!
- Law enforcement officers: POST approved for 5 hours!
- Emergency Medical personnel: TN EMS approved for 5 hours!