Celebrate Sound Walk for Hearing
CELEBRATE SOUND Don't Walk in Silence is a national fund- and awareness-raising event created to help promote hearing health in our communities.
Half of all proceeds stay with the local event host for support of projects in their community; the other half help fund Sertoma's national hearing health mission projects such as:
- College scholarships for hard-of-hearing and deaf students;
- Scholarships for those pursuing graduate studies in speech-language pathology or audiology;
- SAFEEars! an awareness program for the prevention of Noise Induced Hearing Loss;
- A Sound Investment campaign to promote public accessibility for people using assistive hearing devices;
- Grants to local non-profits providing hearing healthcare in communities across the nation.
Registration is at 9:00am and the Walk (2 miles) begins at 10:00am. The event is sponsored by the Sertoma Club of Nashville. For more information go to their website at http://mycelebratesound.org/htmlcontent.asp?cid=624292.