Maine RID is an affiliate state chapter of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc (RID). We are a membership driven, non-profit organization that functions in accordance with the goals of RID Inc. The state of Maine enjoys a vibrant and diverse interpreting community.
Our purpose is to:
- Advance professional and ethical standards for interpreters
- Provide and sponsor professional development opportunities for the enhancement of interpreting skills
- Promote the rights of interpreters, clients, and consumers
- Educate the public on the provision of interpreter services and on the ethical standards of the profession
- Practice and uphold the Code of Professional Conduct established by RID & NAD, Inc.
Organization Contact Name
Eval Hellewell, Acting President
Organization Website Address