St. Rita School for the Deaf
1720 Glendale Milford Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45215
St. Rita School for the Deaf is a Catholic school, educating students of all faiths in a Christ-centered, barrier-free communication environment through individualized instruction, personal attention, and direct communication.
St. Rita School for the Deaf will maximize our students’ full potential by developing the whole child to be confident, contributing members of society so that they may carry the message of Christ's love to all they encounter.
Today parents have many choices and decisions to make in regards to education for their child. Children who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have communication needs thrive in an environment that meets their individual needs educationally and socially.
Collaborating and working as a team that includes teachers, parents, school districts, and outside agencies, St. Rita School for the Deaf is able to offer an environment that helps promote the development of the whole child which includes education and socialization programs.
• Small class sizes for more individualized instruction
• Peers and adults who know sign language for direct communication and interaction
• For those children who are implanted or aided, FM systems are utilized in the classrooms
• A communication team that includes speech & language therapists and an audiologist
• Experienced and licensed Deaf Education and Special Education teachers
• Programs that develop the whole child including after school activities, literacy, learning gardens and work experience
• Classrooms equipped with Smart Boards, IPads, and laptops