Our Mission Statement
The mission of CueSign, Inc. is to provide knowledge and information to various stakeholders that promotes the development of academics and communication for each deaf or hard of hearing child to his/her maximum potential in both American Sign Language and English.
- Children should be exposed to complete representations of language to develop the linguistic foundation necessary for life-long learning;
- Children should have equal access to both American Sign Language (ASL) and Cued English (CE);
*Or, Children should have equal access to both American Sign Language (via manual signs) and English (via Cued English (CE), spoken English, or printed English);
- Children should have constant and consistent exposure to a language in all environments;
- Children benefit from parental commitment to a language that is accessible to the child in the home;
- Socialization opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing children with other deaf and hard-of-hearing adults and peers are critical for their communication, social, and emotional development.
- Provide support to educational programs by providing legal and educational feedback;
- Work with organizations at state levels by providing tools and resources needed to ensure deaf children are receiving complete access to literacy;
- Work with families to provide resources and options to meet the developmental, educational,and social/emotional needs of their deaf child.