Facilitating Effective Hearing Device Use
TIME: 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm CT; 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm ET
PRESENTER: Claire Annis, M.Ed.
Claire Annis is a preschool teacher in the Sound Beginnings program at Utah State University. She graduated with her Master’s degree in Deaf Education, with a license to teach Special Education. Claire has a brother-in-law with a profound hearing loss that inspired her to follow this path through the Listening and Spoken Language approach for teaching children who are deaf/hard of hearing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Parents of children who are deaf/hard of hearing and professionals that serve them are invited to join us for this discussion.
This webinar will be recorded. Please see the website for access to this and other webinar recordings: http://www.heartolearn.org/communities/learning-together-archive.html
CEUs are not offered for this webinar presentation.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize that hearing devices are most effective in facilitating listening and spoken language development when they are worn at least 10 hours daily.
2. Implement strategies for successful device use in babies and toddlers.
3. Implement strategies for successful device use in school-age children.
WHERE: Adobe Connect- to register here
Download the adobeconnect app.
For Windows: http://www.adobe.com/go/Connectsetup
For Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/ConnectSetupMac
More download information is found at: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-downloads-updates.html
Note: If your institution does not permit you to add the above link, you may go to the above URL directly, however, we have been advised that optimal performance is achieved via the app.
· Live captioning will also be provided
· Questions about this webinar: contact Nicole Jacobson
· Technical assistance during the webinar: contact Daniel Ladner