FREE WEBINAR: "Listening and Language Everywhere!"
Hear to Learn offers a free monthly webinar series. The webinars cover a variety of topics related to the listening and spoken language development of children with hearing loss. Parents and professionals are welcome to attend!
Register here: https://usu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0BqeBca8EaZBw0d
Webinar start times: (by time zone)
· 10:30am-11:00am PT
· 11:30am-12:00pm MT
· 12:30pm-1:00pm CT
· 1:30pm-2:00pm ET
Most may be surprised by how many opportunities for listening and language leaning are sprinkled throughout an ordinary day. We’ll start our discussion with ideas to maximize language during:
· Meal time (e.g., grocery lists, recipes, table settings).
· Play time (e.g., arts/crafts, blocks, cars, active outdoor games).
· Chore time (e.g., cleaning up toys, sorting laundry, yardwork).
· Music time (e.g., enjoying music together or making your own).
· Story time (e.g., sharing your favorite books or creating new stories).
We would love to hear your additional ideas and ways you’ve found to weave language learning into daily life.
Parents of children who are deaf/hard of hearing who are pursuing the listening and spoken language approach and professionals that serve them are invited to join us for this discussion.
This webinar will be recorded. Please see the website for access to this and other webinar recordings: http://www.heartolearn.org/communities/learning-together-archive.html
CEUs are not offered for this webinar presentation.
Presenter: Jeanette Smoot, MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVEd
Jeanette Smoot loves her work as a Speech-Language Pathologist at Sound Beginnings at Utah State University and is nationally certified as a Listening and Spoken Language Specialist. Coaching families and mentoring graduate students are a key part of her role at Sound Beginnings. Jeanette enjoys finding creative ways to weave the children’s language and speech goals into any setting or activity.
Where: Adobe Connect- to register here
Download the adobeconnect app.:
- For Windows: http://www.adobe.com/go/Connectsetup
- For Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/ConnectSetupMac
More download information is found at: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-downloads-updates.html
Note: If your institution does not permit you to add the above link, you may go to the above URL directly, however, we have been advised that optimal performance is achieved via the app.
· Live captioning will also be provided
· Questions about this webinar: contact Nicole Jacobson
· Technical assistance during the webinar: contact Daniel Ladner