FREE VISUAL COMMUNICATION AND SIGN LANGUAGE CHECKLIST (VCSL) TRAINING
This training is offered to professionals in the Southeast Region (including AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN) who meet specific eligibility qualifications and who are interested in providing VCSL assessments to young signing DHH children in their home states, so if you are aware of any other individuals in the Southeastern region, feel free to send this flyer to them as well!
Qualifications & Criteria
In order to qualify for the VCSL Evaluator Training, applicants must provide evidence of the following:
- American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI*) 4 or above
- Completion of a master’s degree in deaf education, early childhood education, special education, or related field.
- A bachelor's degree and experience will be considered.
- Three years’ experience providing direct services to children and families birth to five years of age
- Currently employed in a field where your primary role is providing direct services to signing children and families birth to five years of age