You can get full access to this year's Deaf Studies Today Conference (https://www.uvu.edu/lang/asl/dst/), "Deaf Lives 360" for just $15. Or join ASDC and attend free! Join here (https://deafchildren.org/join/) and email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) for your code. Offer ends Monday, 4/12.
This virtual conference is hosted by Deaf Studies Today! and brings together the brightest minds and latest thinking within the interdisciplinary field of Deaf Studies. This year's exciting conference presentations include:
- Deaf Students’ Experiences Navigating Isolation and Bias at College
- Facing Transitions: Learning ASL in Online Environment
- Discipline at Deaf Schools: Patterns of Concern Related to Gender and Ethnicity
- Deaf Mental Health: Introduction and Conceptual Foundations
- Navigating Medical Care as a Deaf Person during COVID: Perspective of a Deaf Doctor
- Language Deprivation in College Writing Classrooms
- The Counter-Narrative Cycle: Examining Lived-Realities in Deaf Lives
- Deafness for Sale: The Commodification of Representation
- Historical Deaf Space and Place
- The Contribution of Black Deaf Performing Arts
- Entertainment by The Journey of Sunshine Too and 2.0
All sessions are presented in ASL with English captions. They have been pre-recorded so you can view them at your own pace (now through April 16th). Registration deadline is Monday, April 12.