This DVD focuses on topics such as scaffolding the development of ASL, emergent literacy, and cognition during book sharing, linking ASL and English during book sharing, and translating text into a register more developmentally appropriate and understandable for preschool deaf children.
- Explanations of the culturally based literacy practices Deaf teachers use to share books
- Program is presented in ASL with options for adding a spoken English voiceover and English subtitles
- Video clips show examples from four classroom-based book sharing sessions
- Teachers share insights and discuss each video clip
- Guided practice items and additional resources
Washington, D.C.: Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center, 2006
[Washington, D.C.] : Gallaudet University, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center,