Deaf Unity - Mailing Address for Donations
c/o Deaf Hope
256 24th Street
Richmond, CA 94804
Our mission is to end violence in Deaf communities through empowerment, education and services.
DeafHope provides comprehensive advocacy to Deaf survivors and their children. The guiding principle of DeafHope advocacy services is the self-determination of survivors – we respect the right of the survivor to make their own decisions. Deaf survivors are the experts in what best fits their needs. Our role is to discuss options and dispel myths, while offering non-judgmental support. Our services fully incorporate a deep understanding the dynamics of violence, the vital importance of confidentiality, and individual approaches to safety planning. DeafHope works to develop innovative approaches to facilitate change within the Deaf community, to break down the cultural and social systems that perpetuate violence against women, and to empower individuals to work toward a life free of violence. All DeafHope services are provided free of charge.
– Peer counseling
– Support groups
– Systems advocacy to access community resources
– Referral and Case Management with other service providers
– Outreach and education for violence prevention
Training and Consultation
– For Deaf service providers on domestic and sexual violence through a survivor-centered, trauma-informed framework
– For Hearing Service providers on communication access and best practices for serving Deaf survivors
– For Interpreters on Trauma Informed Interpreting and related topics
Deaf hotline advocates are available from 9-5 (PST) M-F
AIM: DeafHotline Email: email@example.com VP: 855.812.1001
To find a Deaf DVSV agency in your area, click here.
Hearing advocates at the National Hotline are on duty 24 hours.
Affiliate Organization: Deaf Unity of Wisconsin