This is an in-person event.
West Tennessee School for the Deaf
100 Berry Hill Road
Jackon, TN 38302
For families with children enrolled at WTSD only
Collaboratively Sponsored by Teneessee Schools for the Deaf, TN Hands & Voices, Family Voices of TN - PEARS, 0-5 Parent Outreach.
FAmilies coming to WTSD for their child's conference can stop in the common room and learn about Family Wellness.
Wellness Stations include:
Healthy Foods – Healthy You! Healthy Kids!
• Sample, taste, where to find, and how much does it cost?
• Meal preparation time savers
• Meal Menu for the week
• Recipes and recommendations for families on the go
• Sample, where to find, and how much does it cost?
• What, why, how, when, and where
• Benefits to your wellness
Mindfulness for you and your child
• Observation of self
• Acceptance of self
• Impartial openminded attitude
Breathing, stretching, and relieving stress
• Square breathing techniques for children to use before they blow! Stress reduction for children.
• Counting breathing techniques for adults – relieving stress in a few minutes
• Children’s yoga stretches everyone can enjoy! Stress reduction for children.
• Adult yoga stretches for adults – right in your chair or personal space.
Physical Health check-in
• Conversation with a nurse
• What is good physical health?
• What are some red flags?
Organizational tips to reduce stress
• What do I really need? Prioritizing for each activity
• Organizing and preparation
o Tote bags
o Kids back backs
o Go-Bags for the car / bus
o Calendars, reminders, and keeping the balance in your life
• Making time for my family
• Making time for me
Helpful hints to support homework and learning at home.