This is an in-person event.
Tennessee School for the Deaf
2725 Island Home Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37920
Small group sessions will cover the following topics:
- Sign to Voice Interpreting I and II
- Ethics of Educational Interpreting
- Interpreting Science
- Interpreting for Sports/Sports Signs
- Interpreting Theater and Music
- Socially Restricted Signs
- Individual Feedback
- Interpreting Social Studies
- Job Coaching
- Interpreting for Students with Multiple Disabilities
Large group sessions will cover:
- Tennessee’s Educational Interpreter Licensure
- Sensory Issues for Deaf Students on the Autism Spectrum
- Deaf Culture
- Post-Secondary Transition Program for Deaf Students
- Brain Gym activities for Deaf Students and Interpreters
Evening sessions will provide opportunities for interaction with Deaf community members, as well as an Interact performance.
Registration and fees
Institute registration is limited due to space constraints. A completed registration form (including registration fee of $55 for TN residents/$75 for out-of-state residents) must be postmarked no later than May 25, 2016. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to Tennessee residents.
Please open attachment for further information regarding housing, meals, transportation, registration, etc.