EIPA 4.0+ QAST 4+
State Agencies
None Required
Effective January 1, 2015, KCDHH will have completed the transition to the NIC certification system. At that time, to be registered as a certified interpreter in the state of Kansas, an interpreter must hold a RID certification or a KQAS Level 4 or 5 and maintain CEUs according to the KCDHH continuing education unit policy. All certified interpreters are expected to follow RID’s Code of Professional Conduct (CPC).
They require registration and proof of certification.
Governing Body
Kansas Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Application fee: $50, Initial and renewal fee for licenses: $175, initial and renewal fee for permits: $125, returned check fee: $35, late fee: $100, replacement of license or permit: $25, roster fee: $35
Ex-Officio Members: designee for the Director of Kansas Rehabilitation Services, Superintendent of Kansas School for the Deaf, Kansas State Department of Education representative, Kansas Department of Health and Environment representative, Kansas Department for Children and Families representative.

Community Members: KCDHH Vice-Chairperson, Kansas Association of the Deaf representative, 5 more community members.

Professional Members: One representative who is a teacher, psychologist, nurse, rehabilitation counselor or social worker for the deaf or hard of hearing, One representative who is an otolaryngologist, One representative who is a speech language pathologist, One representative who is from the state registry of interpreters, One representative who is a clinical audiologist.
3 CEUs every 2 years