FAMILY STORY TIME (Southeast DeafBlind Project)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
The Southeast DeafBlind Projects are excited to bring Family Story Time into your house! You may be wondering…what is Family Story Time and why would we want to join? 10 southeast Deafblind Projects have come together to create a FAMILY ONLY on-line space to have fun with your family!
Goals for Family Story Time:
- Expand the word, “literacy” The word literacy can mean many different things to people. Often time we think of literacy as…books. How do we bring books/stories to life for our children?
- Build confidence and support for home Support families to create that fun reading time with their child.
- Meet other families 10 different states….lots of great families to meet!
- Build home libraries Make an accessible, fun library for your home!
- HAVE FUN! Join Family Time with your child, siblings, grandparents, and friends!
What do I need to know:
When: Thursdays Aug 27-Oct 15, 2020
Time: 3pm CST / 4pm EST
The first session will be for parents to meet Gwyn and she’ll share what to expect during the 7 Story Time Sessions
Where: Plans are to have a PRIVATE Facebook page to stream story time. We will ask parents at registration.
Who can join? ANY FAMILY WHO HAS A CHILD ON THEIR STATE'S DEAFBLIND PROJECT REGISTRY.! ANY AGE!
Who will lead Story Time?
Gwyn McCormack is a teacher for the visually impaired from the United Kingdom. She shares numerous free materials and resources on her site: https://www.positiveeye.co.uk/
She created The Idea Machine for families to come together during Covid-19.
What Story? Story Time will follow the book, Marvin’s American Adventure”. Gwyn will send the download for all families to print for FREE.
How do I join: Register at this link for all 8 sessions: Click Here To Register
Registration Closes end of day August 13th.
What to expect? Your child will receive a Sparkly Box full of materials for participating in Story Time and creating arts and crafts to follow the story.