"Waitress" at TPAC
Interpreted in American Sign Language and Open Captioned
"The women of Waitress are changing Broadway!" – Time Magazine
Brought to life by a groundbreaking all-female creative team, this irresistible new hit features original music and lyrics by 6-time Grammy® nominee Sara Bareilles, a book by acclaimed screenwriter Jessie Nelson and direction by Tony Award® winner Diane Paulus. Inspired by Adrienne Shelly's beloved film, Waitress tells the story of Jenna - a waitress and expert pie maker, Jenna dreams of a way out of her small town and loveless marriage. A baking contest in a nearby county and the town's new doctor may offer her a chance at a fresh start, while her fellow waitresses offer their own recipes for happiness. But Jenna must summon the strength and courage to rebuild her own life.
Tickets are on hold until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 18 for patrons who use ASL or open captioning and their companions. Note that facility fees are not charged on purchases at the TPAC Box Office, open Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (when you provide your promo code at time of purchase).
1. For online purchase, click here to go directly to the page to buy tickets. Select ‘SUN 6/10/18 1:00 pm’ as your chosen performance date.
2. Enter promo code TPACTICKET in the ‘Enter Promo Code & Submit’ field at the top right of the screen.
3. Click on the Orchestra section of the map to choose your seat(s). Then proceed to cart and log in to your account (If you don’t have an account with TPAC yet, you can make one by clicking ‘Create Account’ on the left of the login page).
Other TPAC plays with that are interpreted and Open Captioned include:
- Part of the Plan, September 17, 2017
- Fun Home, October 15, 2017
- An American in Paris, November 5, 2017
- Les Misérables, November 19, 2017
- The King and I, February 4, 2018
- Cabaret, March 4, 2018
- Wicked, April 8, 2018
- Waitress the Musical, June 10, 2018
- Love Never Dies, June 24, 2018