Family Voices of Tennessee is searching for a part- time Newborn Hearing / PEARS Program Assistant.
Family Voices of Tennessee
Newborn Hearing / PEARS Program Assistant
PART-TIME 10 hrs/week
PEARS – Parents * Empowerment * Access * Resources * Support is a program funded by the TN Department of Health Newborn Hearing Program and housed within Family Voices of Tennessee, a program of the Tennessee Disability Coalition, that provides parent-to-parent support for families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing ages 0 – 3.
Minimum qualifications: Parent of a child who is deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or deaf with additional disabilities who will undergo specialized training to understand program objectives in supporting families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing; must have working knowledge through training and/or experience of health care and related service systems for children with hearing loss; strong interpersonal and presentation skills; demonstrated organizational and writing skills; proficiency with computer software, must be able to work 10 hours per week.
Location: Nashville or Memphis area
• Provides administrative assistance in support of the NBH / PEARS Program as assigned by the Program Coordinator;
• Responsible for data entry and collation of referrals into the customized database;
• Assist the Program Coordinator in preparing programmatic reports;
• Generates and mails program introduction letters to new referrals;
• Assists in the creation and dissemination of promotional and/or resource and informational materials;
• Assists Program Coordinator with coordinating events, workshops and/or trainings across the State;
• Other administrational duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
The Tennessee Disability Coalition is committed to providing equal opportunity and equal access. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or Limited English Proficiency. In alignment with those principals, the TDC requires that each employee adhere to the same standard of non-discrimination. Each staff member is required to have a signed Non-Discrimination Policy statement on file.
Job Type: Part-time- 10 hrs/week
Contact Information and Procedure:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 615-383-1176.